View from White Crack

During this coldest, snowiest (I checked, it’s a real word) part of winter here in Utah, I thought I would finish stitching up some panoramas of Canyonlands National Park.  This view is of the Lower Basins, and was shot near the White Crack Campsite along the White Rim:

The above vantage point is about 3 miles (4.8 km) south and 1200 feet (365 m) lower than this previously posted panorama:

Grand View Point in Canyonlands.
Have a Happy New Year,

Martin van Hemert

• By Lou Mahler, 01/11/2011 @ 9:46 am

I really do like the pictures they are of supurb quality thanks I used to live in the tropics and a beautiful country and you remind me of it.

• By Lynn Johnson, 01/11/2011 @ 10:14 am

That is so beautiful! I love SE Utah and have visited many times from my home in Illinois. Due to the recent death of my husband, I doubt if I will get back again, and your panoramas let me feel the sensation of actually standing on those wonderful slick rock formations. Thank you so much for the excellent photography.

• By martin, 01/11/2011 @ 2:46 pm

Hi Lynn, and thank you! It is indeed quite something to stand on those cliff edges (but not too close!) and take in those vistas.

Martin

• By martin, 01/11/2011 @ 2:48 pm

Thank you Lou, I appreciate your taking the time to comment, and your kind words.

Martin

• By Don Gilmore, 01/13/2011 @ 5:56 pm

Martin, it was a pleasure visiting your site. We have spent a lot of time in Utah and now next will be moving there (Cedar City). This means that our base of operations will also reside in Utah — what better place for a photographer and web designer. Your panorama’s are exquisite. Might I suggest one more for you — Tuweep at the edge of the Grand Canyon. It’s a good drive south of St. George, but a rewarding one, and I’m sure your panorama would do it justice. If you’ve never been there http://www.in-the-desert.com/grandcanyon2.html Thanks for the tour and in some cases the memory lane. Nicely designed site also!
    Thanks,
    Brother Don Gilmore….

• By martin, 01/13/2011 @ 11:31 pm

Hi Don, Thanks for your note and comments, I appreciate them very much! Tuweep looks like an interesting site, and not the typical Grand Canyon view. Our website is designed by Perry Van Schelt, I’ll pass your comment on to him.

Martin

• By Janet Gordon, 03/07/2011 @ 3:54 pm

My husband and I have just enjoyed your 360 panorama photography of Utah. We’re both in our 70′s and not likely to see these places of great beauty except ‘thanks to you’! Incredible work, and we can ‘go back anytime’! Thank you so much, Martin!

• By martin, 03/07/2011 @ 8:27 pm

Hi Janet, thanks so much for you comments! It’s a big world, and hard to visit every place we’d like to, so I’m glad this provides a service. Martin

Other Links to this Post